Essential Tips for Parents
Kids get sick, there's no getting around it. So make sure you're prepared for it when they do-and that you know how to give them medicine correctly.
How to be prepared:
- Keep a list on your fridge or by the phone of key phone numbers such as your pediatrician, poison control center, and local pharmacy.
- Keep an up-to-date record of your child's weight. Many children's medicines are dosed by weight or age. The dose will change as your child grows.
- List any medications that your child is taking currently and any allergies he may have.
Equip your medicine cabinet with:
- A thermometer (oral for mouth, rectal for rectum or underarm, or tympanic for the ear).
- Children's TYLENOL® to lower fevers and make your child more comfortable.
NEXT PAGE: How to Give Medication Correctly